Civileme  wrote:

> If you search the archives for UDMA66 problems, you will find
> most complaints involve WD drives.  There is a reason.  WD drives
> have unusual timing requirements.

And I CHOSE a WD drive rather than Seagate or Maxstor!!

The interesting thing is I tried a Maxstor 30Gb in both systems and it
performed just as slow around 9Mb/s.  But when I put the disk in an
i810/Celeron  based system it went up to 27Mb/s.

Elsewhere in this list I noticed VIA versus i810/BX discussions, is that
really the problem the combination of drive and MB therefore chipset?

The other thing I noticed my 80way cable has some ways punched out and
is marked Master and Slave the i810 had no such modification or marking.

> THere is a program that sets WD drives for UDMA66 available for
> DL from WD, which might(tm) help.

I have tried that already, but what I am interested in is the next bit

    --
Dave Cotton
Linux Autrement