>From what I have read on this issue, you need to also get the rpm for
mandrake desk or something like that.

-----Original Message-----
From: peter aarestad :-) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 9:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] problems after installing KDE 1.93

Yikes! I installed all of the KDE 1.93 RPMs last night off of Cooker,
and then my X login screen got completely goofed up - it's displayed in
this retro font, and there's only one option in the window manager menu
that looks like a list: "kde, gnome, sawfish, default" or something like
that. Strangely, when I log in, it puts me in IceWM (which isn't in the
aforementioned list, but is, of course, installed on my system)! I
normally use GNOME, so I thought it would default to that. What on earth
is going on?

-peter