On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:50:27AM -0400, Lawrence T. Hoff wrote:
> Charles Curley wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone gotten UMP (http://pubweb.bnl.gov/people/hoff/), a midi plugin
> > for Netscape, to play on Mandrake Linux 6.1?
>
>       When you say "goes to the next page", do you mean that you
> see the UMP logo and control panel? If so, this may be a known problem.

Yes, that is what I was seeing.

>       This problem has been reported from several LINUX users. Usually
> it is in conjunction with an upgrade from Netscape 4.62 to 4.71. Some
> users report that the problem goes away when other upgrades are
> performed
> (.e.g. an even newer version of netscape).

I got this with Netscape 4.72. I then had a problem with the mime
types. Per your suggestion I downgraded to 4.61. I'll stick with
Nutscraper 4.61 as it seems to be more stable on Mandrake 6.1. Sigh.

I finally got the mime types set up correctly, and it is now working
correctly. Thanks for the response.

>       I do not understand the problem, and therefore, I do not have
> a fix currently available. I am maintaining an e-mail "notification
> list"
> for when a fix becomes available. I can add you if you wish.

I suspect the only real fix is a stable web browser.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature