Submitted 20-Sep-00 by Ron Johnson, Jr.:
> These messages appear in syslog at boot time:
> swapon: warning: /dev/hda2 has insecure permissions 0660, 0600 suggested
> swapon: warning: /dev/hdc1 has insecure permissions 0660, 0600 suggested
> swapon: warning: /dev/hdc2 has insecure permissions 0660, 0600 suggested

<snip>

> Should I change column 4 to "defaults,mode=0600"?

No, you need change the permissions on the devices themselves (i.e. in the
/dev/ directory).

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

H. L. Mencken suffers from the hallucination that he is H. L. Mencken --
there is no cure for a disease of that magnitude.
  -- Maxwell Bodenheim