Submitted 22-Sep-00 by Viktor Lakics:

> Soon I found out, that my CD-drive moved back to /dev/hdc, obviously
> because of the new kernel. If I select the old kernel from lilo, I
> have a CD-burner, but I do not have win4lin since the kernel
> extensions are missing.

> Does anyone know an easy config step (I meant loading a module, or
> making adjustments) to set up my CD-burner and have the new kernel as
> well?

the Win4Lin installation program probably forgot to add hdc=ide-scsi to the
kernel boot options.  How you add this depends on if you use LILO or GRUB,
but you should see the corresponding line in your setup for the original
kernel.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

"And remember: Evil will always prevail, because Good is dumb."
  -- Spaceballs