I saw that there was a new kdebase 1.99 on cooker. I
have the same problem with this one as I have since
installing 1.94. It unpacks most of the way, and crashes
on unpacking /users/pics/ something
This is the same place as 1.94 crashed. I understand
that kde2 is still in beta however if it is stamped as 1.99
 should it not be ready for prime time with very few
exceptions? I have removed my /opt/kde2 dir, and all
the rpm's previous to 1.94. Currently I am using
Helix-Gnome and due to kde not installing, getting
to like Gnome. Mandrake is converting people not only
from windows but from kde as well if the packages
don't install.

BTW My system is an Intel PII - 450, 128M Ram,
6.4G IDE HD, Sony CDRW (IDE), Zip 100, with a Matrox
Millennium Video. Kde has worked fine for me up to the
8/10/2000 release.

Brian D. Klar - CVE
OTS
WPAFB