I liked the taskbar of kde-1.1.2.  I liked it being separate from the panel
at the top of my screen.  The panel had more room for app launcher icons
leaving the taskbar for that one specific job - to list all running apps.

I see that one can setup the kde 2.0 panel to display its own taskbar.
Unfortunately, it has to share realestate with the normal panel icons
as well as any others you may add.  No good.

Is there a way that I am unable to locate, some setting switch somewhere
that will give me back a separate taskbar?

What about non-kde apps?  I have  a LOT of gnome and X apps that are
not anywhere to be found in the KMenu.  Is there no kappfinder type app
for kde 2.0?  Is it really necessary to manually enter each and every app
that I have into a menu somewhere?  Netscape, staroffice, and LOTS of
other well-known apps?

praedor