"J . A . Magallon" wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:48:59 Ronnie Whipp wrote:

> > I may have to do a bit more fiddling first, but at least this gets the
> > old `Hello World' program to compile and work. It's better than nothing.
> >

> It is worst than nothing. You are mixing headers from egcs and compiling
> with gcc-2.95, for example. EGCS libstdc++ is version 2, and g++-2.95
> libstdc++ is version 3. If you have correctly installed both egcs-c++ and
> gcc-c++-2.95, you should have both /usr/include/g++-2 for egcs-c++, and
> /usr/include/g++-3 for g++, and two binaries of libstdc++, one for each.
>
> --
> Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The problem is (at least if you've only got the single disk) Mandrake
doesn't supply egcs, and without 'some' headers - particularly
iostream.h - you can't compile anything at all. The only other solution
would be to go bacl to 7.0, but then you lose a few other goodies and
generally have dependency problems if you try to take them down a
version. If need be that's what I'll do, but as last resort.
Ronnie Whipp.