Larry Marshall wrote:

> Yep...I don't think conventional machinery need apply.  I haven't tweeked
> VMware yet but with only 64megs assigned to it on a 500mhz machine, it's
> pretty clunky in terms of performance.  Still might do what I need to run
> a word processor though :-)
>
> Just talking out loud, my big problem right now if figuring out how to
> get files into/out of it.  My understanding was that there's some sort of
> 'super-Samba' that's supposed to be running to allow dragging files but it
> sure doesn't work here.  I have been able to mount the *.dsk using
> vmware-mount and it looks like I can copy from it to a Linux directory but
> I can't go the other way around.  I'd sure like to spend one day NOT doing
> something to make all this stuff run :-)

Here's a solution: don't use VMWare at all. Just get StarOffice and
mount your Windows partition in Linux, then you never even have to
bother with the Microsoft products and you don't need to move your files
anywhere because, well, they're already there!

The pressure on me to run a virtual machine lessens with each passing
week. I can do nearly anything I need to in Linux alone.

-Stephen-