Submitted 31-Oct-00 by Tyler Longren:
> Hi list,

> I just installed Mandrake 7.2.  First, I upgraded a 7.1 box, then Helix
> GNOME no longer worked (there was no GNOME session option in GDM).  I
> figured I'd completely re-install Mandrake 7.2, a fresh install.  I did
> that, and again, downloaded Helix GNOME, once Helix was installed, I
> used GDM for a login, and there wasn't a GNOME session option
> (again)...this started happening AFTER I installed Helix.  Anybody else
> had problems with this?

My guess would be that Helix is not compliant with the new system for
defining sessions.  Likely they have placed a GNOME entry in
/etc/X11/window-managers which is no longer used in 7.2.  Try adding the
following file as /etc/X11/wmsession.d/2gnome:

NAME=Gnome
ICON=gnome-logo-icon-transparent.xpm
DESC=Gnome Environment
EXEC=/usr/bin/gnome-session
SCRIPT:
exec gnome-session

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Perhaps no person can be a poet, or even enjoy poetry without a certain
unsoundness of mind.
  -- Thomas Macaulay