From: Cecil Watson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] kde2 sound event sounds

At the console (as root) type sndconfig.  This should set it up for midi
also.  I had a AWE64 which got setup
okay, but something was wrong with the card.  I'm now using a Aureal A3
based sound card which also works fine.

Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS wrote:

> I have recently purchased 7.2 complete. The installation went alright,
there are a lot of things do be desired
> in my opinion though. However, I can not get kde2 sound events to work on
this machine. I ran harddrake,
> and heard all the sounds. My card is a SB AWE64 value, however mandrake
wants to set it up with no midi
> support, and windows sets it up for midi. The IRQ's and IO's are the same
as in windows from harddrake
> detection. However after running harddrake, I get no sound at all, and
linux complains about failure to
> initialize sound. The card is ISA. Any help appreciated!
>
> P.S. - with complete I could find no way to not install without supermount
support, and the installation guide