From: pgeorges [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] WinTV card in 7.2

Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS a écrit :

> My question is that I have a Hauppauge WinTV/Radio. In previous versions
of
> Mandrake
> I loaded the needed modules through rc.local. Mandrake now detects the TV
> cards and
> sets them up. I think I need to pass a bttv variable as my video is not
> right. How do I do
> this is 7.2 since modules.conf loads the module, and states that
everything
> after the
> module name will be ignored?

New versions of bttv module don't need arguments like vidmem=0xe80, for
example, they are autodetected.
The only parameter I pass through /etc/modules.conf is "options tuner
type=3".

I also use LM 7.2 with an haupauge PC TV RAVE PRO card (chipset bt848) :
I have image, but no sound (it used to work without problem on LM7.1).

Do you manage to get sound ?