I assume you guys are using the CUPS printing service.  I managed to work out
how to get Star Office to print eventually, by changing the que to "lp",
rather than "lpr", the page size to A4, and the resolution to 360dpi so it
matched the printer settings (may differ for your printer).  You might want
to use SPAdmin to alter these permanently, or you can "save changes locally"
in the users printer setup under SO52.  Older documents may hold the older
printer settings - the default SO printer settings are in .Xpdefaults.

Gn@