fred

>>> expert 11/06/00 20:27 >>>

fred

>>> expert 11/06/00 18:59 >>>

OK, here is what kills my attempt to build kdelibs-2.0-5mdk.src.rpm.
It doesn't make sense since what it is complaining about IS SUPPLIED
BY THE KDELIBS SRC RPM!  It is not something that is missing that I
need to install, it is a problem in the src.rpm itself, so it seems.
If you read the error, this kdirnotify.kidl file that craps the whole
load is a kdelibs-supplied file.
The error:

/usr/lib/qt2/bin/moc ./jobclasses.h -o jobclasses.moc
../dcop/dcopidl/dcopidl ./kdirnotify.h > kdirnotify.kidl || rm -f
kdirnotify.kidl
../dcop/dcopidl2cpp/dcopidl2cpp --c++-suffix cpp --no-skel
kdirnotify.kidl
Could not read kdirnotify.kidl
make[3]: *** [kdirnotify_stub.h] Aborted (core dumped)
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/kdelibs/kio'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/kdelibs/kio'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/kdelibs'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

How in the world did Mandrake manage to build an rpm in the first place,
a src.rpm that can't use/read/find its own file?  Can anyone shed
light on this?

I don't know if this is a problem with kde or if it is a problem with
the way Mandrake made their rpm but there IS a problem here.  It may
be a problem only associated with athlons (which I have) since some
people, amazingly given the nature of the error I am getting, have
managed to build the src.  I'll wager that not a one of those who
did manage to build the src.rpm has an athlon system.

praedor