Submitted 07-Nov-00 by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Am I hallucinating or does the pre-built kernel shipped with 7.2 not have
> nfs file type turned on?

It's built as a module (like virtually everything else).

> When I mount an nfs drive I get the error, "fs
> type nfs not supported by kernel".

Did you try "modprobe nfs"?  Maybe adding it to /etc/modules so that it gets
loaded at every boot?

> How can Mandrake ship a kernel without
> nfs turned on?

See above.  Since a rather large number of users have little or no use for
nfs, it would be patently ridiculous to build it into the kernel.

> On top of that, they do not supply the configuration file
> they used to build the pre-built kernel!!

And the .config file (for the umpteen-millionth time) *is* provided.  Look in
the /usr/share/doc/kernel-<version> directory.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  -- Mark Twain