On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Kari Suomela wrote:
> Delete the share on the Winx box and run Scandisk /all /autofix. Delete
> all temp files, restart the machine. Recreate the share and try again.
> :)

This would be a plausible thing to do, if the problem was on the windows
side. I was able to remount the share to another path on linux, but that one
folder I'd initially used was responding as if it were a corrupted file. I
eventually just rebooted - had an acceptible reason to power down, as I'd
gotten some memory for upgrading it. After booting again the problem is gone,
but I'm still curious about how to fix it should it happen again.

<EOL>
Tib