After moving one of my computers from redhat 5.2 to Mandrake 7.1 I am
having problems with the ethernet card.

As the subject says, it's an ISA card, using the ne2k module. io and irq
are correct, as it detects the card and gives the correct MAC address.
pings to the machine's ip (192.168.1.2) work, pings to and from another
(192.168.1.1) do not work.  Before the upgrade it was fully functional.

I've seen some literature saying an older PCI card may have this
problem, and to use the ne.c instead of the ne2k-pci module.  So what
should I do if I'm already using the ne.c?

Thanks for any help

--
"The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world."