Exactly correct.  Insert your install CD and go into the RPMS directory.
Scroll down to the telentd....rpm and install it and you're worries should be
over.  Also you want to verify the your /etc/hosts.deny isn't setup for
ALL:ALL.  This will also keep people from being able to telnet into a box.

Good luck

> I think that you only have to install the telnetd package. It's a stupid mistake
> that I did, and I was breaking my mind trying to know what was happen and the
> error was obvious.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Leo
>
> Tom Eastman wrote:
>
> > Sorry,
> >
> > I hate having to ask stupid simple questions but I can't seem to work it out!
> >
> > How do I allow people to telnet to my computer?
> >
> > This is what is in my inetd.conf file:
> > #
> > # These are standard services.
> > #
> > ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd -l -a
> > telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd
> > #
> >
> > telnet is uncommented... so why doesn't it work?
> >
> > There must be something simple I'm missing... anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >         Tom

Aaron M. Hirsch
Ameren/UE Project Lead