On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 01:37:42 fabian wrote:
>       Hello,
>
>       I have a SiS 6326 video card in my system running LM 7.0. It was
> not very well configured, so I followed the advices posted in the newbie
> list. I added to the Section "Device" the "pci_burst_on" Option in the
> XF86Config. At starting the X manager the system broke down.
>       When I rebooted the computer and after fixing the file system
> Linux started the X manager and the system died again. I wish I could let
> the system know at booting time not to start the X server in order to
> delete the added line in the XF86Config file.

At the boot LILO: prompt, answer: somthing like

LILO: Linux 3

The name 'Linux' can vary depending on the labels for your boot kernels.
The important part is the 3, to boot in runlevel 3 (no X).

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                                 #> cd /pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     #> more beer

Linux 2.2.18-pre23-vm #3 SMP Wed Nov 22 22:33:53 CET 2000 i686 unknown