On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 04:51:39PM -0700, Vincent Danen wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with this beast?  I'm getting sick and
> tired of WPO2000 for Linux crashing on me all the time and am looking
> for an alternative.  StarOffice doesn't cut it because it's too bulky
> and it doesn't support WordPerfect files (something I'm told that
> Applixware does support).  Other suggestions are welcome, but I need
> something that can handle WP files because I use WPO2000 under Windows
> and it works great.  I just need something that works under Linux that
> can handle that file format (preferrably for import and export).
>
> The reason I'm thinking of Applixware is that it is half price until
> the end of the year if you purchase through their website, but looking
> for any kind of a demo or even screenshots of it is proving to be
> futile.  If anyone knows where (or if) a demo exists, I'd appreciate
> the info, otherwise any information on it at all would be welcome.
> I'm in dire need of a good solid (fast!) word processor for Linux and
> so far nothing really fits the bill, and running WPO2000 in a Win98
> VMWare session is painfully slow.
>
> Any ideas or suggetions?

I've had generally excellent results with Applixware 4.4.0.

With 5.0, I am having a problem printing. Applix support has been via
email. We've been emailing back and forth, and not yet solved the problem.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley