On Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:29:28 Tim Faehnle wrote:
> I would like to get my Viper 550 AGP working with Nvidia drivers, but I need
> to update XFree86.  So, I installed XFree86 4.0.1 with the RPM included with
> the Mandrake disk (I used the "mandrake update" program or whatever it's
> called. I think the file name was something like XFree-server-4.0.1.rpm.)
> Then, I exit Xwindows and use "xf86config" to set up my stuff.  I'm positive
> that all the info is right, but when I then try "startx" it fails to init
> because it had an "unknown error" with the dbe module (couldn't find it, I
> think, but not sure).  Is there anything special I need to do? insmod maybe?
> Am I looking at the correct
> configuration file ("XF86Config", right? or is it XF86Config-4?)  Is there
> more I need to install?

You should upgrade all the packages related to XFree (XFree86-*), but the
-contrib package.

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                                 #> cd /pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     #> more beer

Linux 2.2.18-pre24-vm #2 SMP Wed Nov 29 02:56:21 CET 2000 i686 unknown