Submitted 15-Dec-00 by Praedor Tempus:
> Someone once posted a simple script for changing upper case letters to lower
> case, I believe, in this list.  I didn't keep the message but I now have need
> of this script.  Could someone please post such a script?

I use the following function to accomplish it:

function tolower {
         tr 'A-Z' 'a-z'
}

and then just echo or cat the text and pipe it through the function (i.e.
cat file.txt | tolower > filenew.txt )

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

What no spouse of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working
when he's staring out the window.