On 2000.12.28 Roger Sherman wrote:
> Prolly a bit OT, but I find I have to change most mp3 filenames...most of
> them are waaaaay too long to mess with if you do anything with them that
> involve a terminal...

man mkisofs:

- ISO cds allow up to 31 char names. But dos only reads 12 (8.3). So by
  default mkisofs cuts names to 8.3.
- you can use -l option to allow the use of the 31 chars. But be warned that
  the CD perhaps is not readable in DOS.
- you can use -J to store also Windows format names in the CD. That
  allows 64 chars. So names will look good (up to the 64 chars) under
  windows, good under Linux if the cd is mounted with Joliet support,
  and bad under dos.

--
J.A. Magallon                                         $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.2.19-pre3-aa3 #3 SMP Wed Dec 27 10:25:32 CET 2000 i686