Submitted 03-Jan-01 by duane voth:

> Woah, hold on, do you mean to say that umask now also controls
> the permissions of mounted filesystems?!  (and I *presume* that
> umask must be set *prior* to running mount)

On filesystems like vfat which do not have support for permissions.  And the
umask is a mount option set in /etc/fstab or as part of a -o parameter to
mount

> Why arn't world read/write permissions command line options for mount??
> (where they belong!)

see above

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."
  -- Hunter S. Thompson