In my .bashrc (or .aliases) for root, I have aliases and
functions defined (instead of creating scripts).

I am trying to figure out how my regular user account can
access such an alias command as if I was logged into root.

I want to use sudo so that the password prompt is only asked
the first time.

Trying:   sudo  "banned 11.22.33.44"
returns saying that 'banned' is not a known command.
Although it is actually an alias for an ipchains rule.

I tried:  sudo sh -c "banned 11.22.33.44"
and such variations, but still the same problem.

Effectively I would like the sudo command to act like the '-'
in "su -" when su'ing to root (and loads up the aliases).

Any ideas how to do this ?

Thanks... Dan.