It gets even better!  Once you have xmms working, you can right-click in
the panel, select "applets", and add "xmms applet" and then you can start
your playlist from the panel, also add stock tickers, news tickers,
whatever!  Most of KDE is pretty user-friendly, and it's potential blows
other os's and desktop environments away.  It's just a little buggy!

Ron
--- s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks.  Geez, I didn't realize it would be so easy.  It never occured
> to me
> to try and right click on it.  I envisioned editing a file and linking
> under
> vi or something.
> -s
>
> On Wednesday 14 February 2001 10:50 am, you wrote:
> > right click in the panel area, select "buttons", and find your
> application
> > (teminals, xterm - for example).
> >
> > --- s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > How can I put a shortcut in the kpanel/taskbar?  I no longer have
> the
> > > terminal shortcut that I used to use so much.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > -s
> >
> > =====
> > ^C