>I'm not certain but I think that freeS/WAN will talk to MS IPSec.  I have
>not tried though.  I saw somewhere that there is a (commercial?) PGP
>package that supports this under Windows too.

The software is NAIs PGPnet and the noncommercial version (free) supports
connections only to the gateway.  If one requires tunneling to internal
nodes, you need the commercial version (not free).  IPSec is implemented in
w2000 and not in w9x and I hear that there are problems trying to connect
natively in w2000?  None of this is from experience, just reading.

I would like to browse the MS network from the internet as a roadwarrior.
The gateway is Linux 7.2 w/ Samba acting as PDC and WINS server (ipmasq
too).  I already use putty on win machines to ssh into it.

I guess that brings me to kernel source - never had a reason to patch a
kernel - I guess I do now.  Where can I get a mandrake specific kernel
source in tar format or can I use the source RPM off the CD and mv the Linux
folder and install the source again?  Hmm...  better look into it some more.
Thxs

Andy Judge