On 03.18 Pupeno wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2001 14:11, you wrote:
> > I think MySQL (included with MDK 7.2, probably earlier releases also) would
> > fit your needs, running on the local workstation. It is open source, free,
> > and (from what I have been told) has pretty good performance.
> I cannot tell people that, to use my small, simple, little program they have
> to configur a mysql, I'm programming for users, not administrators.

I would take a look at the standard and simple Berkely DB. It was part of
glibc, but now there are three versions in mdk, db1, db2 and db3. I think
the latest release is db3, and the other versions are included for
compatibility. That is what rom4 uses for the rpm database.

Install db3, db3-devel, and db3-utils and look into
/usr/share/doc/db3-devel-3.1.17 for the api description (both C and C++).

Hmmm, now that I think about it, you will have db1-2-3 in Cooker, in standard
7.2 you probably have only just the old db. But you can always get the
src.rpm and rebuild.

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.2-ac20 #2 SMP Tue Mar 13 15:49:10 CET 2001 i686