Hi,
  I have two computers on a network which connect to the internet through
a gateway firewall with a dialup line. There is also a caching dns server on
the gateway. I have run fetchmail to retreive my mail every four hours from
my isp's pop server on LM 7.1 and 7.2 with no problem. Since I installed 8.0
fetchmail gives up with a temporary dns error after only a few seconds. The
timeout is set for 400 seconds. It takes less than 30 seconds for the link to
come up. Brousers and mail readers exhibit similar behavior. Could this be
something in the way the system handles dns requests,and is there a way to
fix it?

Thanks,
  Dan