Here is the guilty party:

( in your $HOME/.bashrc )

# Need for a xterm & co if we don't make a -ls
[ -n $DISPLAY ] && {
  [ -f /etc/profile.d/color_ls.sh ] && source /etc/profile.d/color_ls.sh
  export XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority
}

Comment out of your .bashrc the 4 lines above on the machine you are
ssh'ing into and ssh X forwarding should work fine.

Regards,

     Woody

--
     Woody ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Gatewood Green         Web Developer
http://www.linux.org/  The first stop for Linux info on the Net
Email:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
All opinions expressed by me are my own and not necessarily
endorsed by Linux Online, Inc. or Linux Headquarters, Inc.