On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:40, you wrote:
> Is there a website that someone could point me to that goes through the
> steps to prelinking qt and kde?
>
> I must say that there is a DEFINITE slowdown in KDE speed after upgrading
> my install from Mandrake 8.0 + Cooker + Texstar prelinked qt2 and kde to
> the default, plain old standard non-prelinked KDE 2.2.  I miss the speed of
> the texstar rpms and would like to prelink my current KDE version/revision.
>
> praedor

I notice that there is an objprelink package in cooker - along with new kde
packages. The objprelink has some fairly sobering notes (initial release,
This tool is in a very early state and should be used with care....), but at
least it looks as though we're heading in the right direction....

In the meantime, I believe the link is off kde.org, though (my) memory is
cheap these days :-0
--
john in syd