I got it ; I think we should file a bug report to mdk;
its MandrakeUpdate for 8.1 is really buggy.

I have to reinstall from scratch and now I still can
not update, (If I use it is back). Just use it to
install packages from cdrom ;

 --- NDPTAL85 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > For
some reason whenever I add a source to my urpmi
> database it becomes
> corrupted in a way that won't let me update it. For
> example no matter
> which Cooker source I add, whenever I use
> "urpmi.update" to update it I
> get this back:
>
> [root@Dreadnaught ndptal85]# urpmi.update
> the entry to update is missing
> (one of ¨K)
>

> Now this is really strange because I keep clearing
> and adding the
> sources but urpmi can never find them when it comes
> to updating them.
> When I use them to install something however it DOES
> work.

> I think, therefore, I am... not related to you.

MandrakeSoft?

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

=====
S.KIEU