Hi All I can see why people get so p*** off with lists, especially
cooker which your mail gets blocked if the word "help" is used.
I'm stuck with having to use a patched kernel 2.4.17-20mdk, but unlike
previous kernels this wont even get past "make dep"
It bad enough now that mandrake are using kernel 2.4.18-rc2 and calling
it 2.4.17-20mdk !

What is fast dep, there's nothing listed on dependencies when loading
the kernel source ?

8.2 will cause more problems when released if this is the standard so
far.!

So how do I get round this, I'm totally stuck

make -C 3rdparty fastdep
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.17-20mdk/3rdparty'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `fastdep'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.17-20mdk/3rdparty'
make[1]: *** [_sfdep_3rdparty] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.17-20mdk'
make: *** [dep-files] Error 2

as all the 3rdparty section is set to no, how do I get round this one
??

I'd prefer just to take the standard kernel and just load the modules,
unfortunatly I dont have a choice unless I wait til 2.4.20 comes out..
--
Best regards
Richard Bown