On February 25, 2002, Larry Sword wrote:

LS> Delete the links in /etc/dev and redo the links pointing to the
LS> correct /dev/cdroms/

PMN> I don't have a directory or a file named /etc/dev.  Did you /dev?

LS> No!, I don't, I did have a brain fart.

OK.

From what package should I get the /etc/dev directory that is missing
on my machine?

Or should I create it by hand, and if so what links should I put into it.

LS> To remove a sylink: rm /dev/cdrom

Does not work!

As I wrote in my previous mail

PMN>   peter:/dev > ls -la cdrom ; sudo rm cdrom ; ls -la cdrom
PMN>   lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           16 Feb 25 11:46 cdrom ->
../cdroms/cdrom0
PMN>   lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           16 Feb 25 11:48 cdrom ->
../cdroms/cdrom0

As you can see, I must have been successful on deleting the link (since
the time stamp have changed), but it is recreated as soon as I have
deleted.

So until I figure out how to disable whatever process that recreates
link ln, rm, etc will not help me.

/Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,