Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have installed linux Mandrake on my notebook.  The installation went fine
> (some errors with tcl-8.3 and xpdf rpm files) but I can't boot the system via
> lilo.   I have Windows Xp Home Edition and Mandrake 8.2beta (don't call me
> crasy please) on the machine.
>
> I can run LM 8.2 if I use the boot diskette (it didn't skip this step!!!!).
> LM 8.2 is running ok. I can't run Xp since I have no boot diskette for the OS.
>
> How can I fix lilo so as to have a dual boot?
>
> My notebook is Sony VAIO.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Eduardo

Just find ``linear" in /etc/lilo.conf, uncomment it and add ``lba32"
instead. Then run ``/sbin/lilo -v". You can add windows xp in lilo menu
too, see my lilo.conf here.

HTH

Vu Hung

--
Takeshi's small space  http://donganh16.tk/
Join KDE-i18n-Vi?      http://vi.i18n.kde.org
VYSA:                  http://vysasports.vngate.net/
Vietlug:               http://vietlug.sourceforge.net
---
\n
   3:01pm  up 1 day, 16 min,  6 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.04, 0.01
Finagle's Seventh Law:
        The perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.
boot=/dev/hde
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt