On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:22:11 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I downloaded all the updates (security and otherwise) in RPM form and burned them to
>CDROM.  I was wondering if I could use the software updates app to update my
>installation of Mandrake 8.1 from that CDROM?

Afraid not.
Your cd will not contain an hdlist which is what is scanned to get the contents of the
cd.

But you do not need to do it that way.
If you are fairly sure that you will have no unsatisfied depends and/or conflicts
then: mount /mnt/cdrom
and: cd /mnt/cdrom or the directory if you created such on the cdrom.
Then do: rpm -Uvh *rpm
This will install all the rpms on the cdrom.

   Charles