On Sunday 10 March 2002 05:33 am, Hari Yellina wrote:
 > Hi.
 >
 >  I am just wondering , why u guys are using mandrake over other linux
 > flavour . Can u guys tell me the advantages,
 >
 > Thank you,
 >
 > Hari Yellina

I saw a computer show last year (The ScreenSavers) where it was presented
as a good Linux for newbies to try first. The did a live installation and
it got me interested enough to try it on an old Pentium 166 I was no longer
using. Mandrake had just released 8.0 and I started with that and later
moved onto a better computer. I also want to try Red Hat and Suse for
comparison, but I was very happy with how easily it installed and was up
and running. I also like how easy it is to download and install security
updates. I got the 8.1 gaming edition for Christmas and I've been very
happy with that so far too. The Sims game that comes with it plays just
like the one on the Windows version does.

--Cheryl