Not to sound too harsh on the person who quoted the hardware
configuration, but this sounds more like a hackers dream game setup than
a low-end server configuration.  If you want a stable platform, you
might want to ask others who have actually setup servers.  AMD might be
okay for some cases, but I am not sure if it is mature enough to be
reliable for a mission critical server.  I would guess that most vendors
supplying 32-bit Intel compatible server platforms are going to go with
Intel processors, probably Xeon processors in a dual CPU configuration.
 If you use AMD, you will only be able to use the MP processors in a
dual CPU configuration, unless you like hacking XP CPUs to make them
work (not recommended).

My advice: ask someone who knows what they are doing.  I doubt that this
is the best place for such advice (although I'm sure their are exceptions).