Hi all,

I share a disk with a M$ OS I seldom use. This disk holds a vfat32
partition.
Since I nearly allways use my md8.1 and this partition is mounted
automatically it should be checked.
I don't think the rc.sysinit file takes this into account, it's to say
that this calls fsck via Fsck and fsck is a front end to a fs specific
checker, e.g. when dealing with an ext32 it will call fsck.ext2.
So in the case of our vfat fs it will search for fsck.vfat which doesn't
exist.
Now I looked around on my system and there is dosfsck which is what we need.
I could make a symlink 'ln -s /sbin/dosfsck /sbin/fsck.vfat' or edit
rc.sysinit to call dosfsck to make it work.
Is using dosfsck a good idea or is there a better (safer) alternative?
I we rely on M$'s OS to do the repairing we oblige ourselves to boot
into Windows after a lock-up. It's maybe safer but if it can be avoided ...
I'd like to hear from one of Mandrake's technicians what they think.
Civileme ...

Thanks,
Guy.