Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:24:21 -0500 (EST)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Charles A Edwards wrote:
>>

>>>As these list often have questions dealing with system/hardware
>>>problems causing system crashes and/or the like I thought that
>>>I would relate a recent experience that I had.
>>>
>>>I have built several systems and consider myself to be quite
>>>knowledgeable in  both system arch and components.
>>
>>Something of a related question:
>>
>>I've built all my current machines but always had questions about the
>>orientation of the chassis fans. I usually put two extras in, one at the
>>front of the case and one at the back under the power supply. Normally I
>>have the front fan blowing the same direction as the PS. I.e., the front
>>blows in, the PS fan blows out. What do you do for the second chassis
>>fan at the rear? I usually have it blow in the same direction as the PS
>>fan, but I've since heard that this is a bad thing.

Check the overclockerz sites, but the key is circulation.  just make
sure you can visualize the direction of airflow, and that it does not
defy physics.  for my money, if you're worried about cooling, two fans
in front, 2 in back and one on each heatsink.  i'm not convinces that
fans on the side don't cause resistance.

if you're really paranoid...

http://pcpowerandcooling.com/products/cooling/system/index_tc_2x.htm

--
Jason Guidry