On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 19:18, J. Craig Woods wrote:

> OKAY, maybe I am on a toot but I have not experienced any difficulty
> with mounting win2000 shares. I am using kernel 2.4.18-6mdk. I am using
>   samba 2.2.3a-10mdk. What gives? Shit, if you guys need a patch, I want
> one too....

If'n it ain't broke - don't fix it.

This patch was purely for smbfs between systems with different
codepages, and you'd most likely not see it unless you were running
Samba servers with different codepage settings or Windows boxen with
different locales set.

Some of us got the snot kicked out of us by this bug, and were very
happy to see .7mdk arrive to save the day.
--
Brad Felmey