Hi Pablo,

Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> Kaixo!
>

>>$ man gcc
>>/usr/bin/groff: can't find `DESC' file
>>/usr/bin/groff:fatal error: invalid device `nippon'
>>

> This is due to the "man" program having a config file intended to use with
> a "groff" program that has some japanese patches.
>
> Edit the file /etc/man.config and change the lines JNROFF and JNEQN so
> they defin a command and parameters the same as in the lines NROFF and NEQN.

I changed the file /etc/man.config as you suguested. However now I get
"man gcc" partialy working

out put is like this:
------
If we find that the things in this man page that are out of date cause
signifi?

                       cant  confusion
---------

"man man" comes out in japanese only (which is surprising as i dont have
man-pages-ja installed):
--------
man(1)                                                     man(1)

尚
        man - オンラインマニュアルページを整形し表示する。
        manpath -
ユーザー個々のマニュアルページの検索パスを決める。
---

i tried using groff for JNROFF as well, but output was only in
postscript, i added the -Tps option and it still did not work.

This is the file options I have now, any sugestions welcome.

Regards

JG

#
TROFF           /usr/bin/groff -Tps -mandoc
NROFF           /usr/bin/nroff -mandoc
JNROFF          /usr/bin/nroff -mandoc
EQN             /usr/bin/geqn -Tps
NEQN            /usr/bin/geqn -Tlatin1