On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:33:41 -0400
PlugHead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>
> > > You can, however, look at Oracle 8i. There is a free version for
> > > Linux. I forget where I downloaded the bin from but a search on google
> > > should reveal something.
> > >
> > > drjung
> >
> > It's getting harder and harder to find.   A couple of years ago I was able
> > to download it and some assciated apps, like Tora, which is similar to
> > Toad, but not as good.  Oracle 8i is a difficult install and requires
> > specific versions RH libraries that may (?) be available from the RH
> > website.   If he'll email me privately I'll send him my address, to which
> > he can mail a self-addressed and appropriately stamped CD mailer.
> > JLK
>
> Personally, I've found that PostgreSQL is _MUCH_ easier to deal with (install,
> maintain, you name it...) than Oracle 8i.  (Of course, I don't
> want/need/give-a-rat's-a** about MS SQL compatibility, so YMMV...)
>
> (Oh, yeah.  I'm pretty sure that Oracle is "free" for _development_ _only_...)
>
> Just my .02...
> -Jason

.. uhm i've begun to read a bit on MySQL since i feel i should
learn about databases a bit..
i've had a little visual contact with MS-SQL server 7, and then
when i finally got MySQL running with OOo as frontend i had little
trouble getting started.

however, i don't find anywhere ( not in the OpenOffice frontend
nor in Webmin interface to databases ) any info about setting
foreign keys? i'm beginning to wonder do these exist in MySQL?

can anybody enlighten me, plz?

TIA

Damian