Thanks to everyone who made great comments on the list and also to me directly.
The BSD boxes are being retired, they are well past their prime and are
struggling to
keep up, so the new boxes will be running Linux.  It does come down to what
you are
comfortable with in the long run.  They all are the same under the hood,
Mandrake,
Red Hat, Suse, etc.  The difference being what comes with them.  Red Hat
seems to
be more of roll your own vs. Suse and Mandrake that do a wonderful job of
giving you
a system with all the bells and whistles!

So, again, thank you.  I will let you know how it goes!

-Scott