On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 02:44, J. Craig Woods wrote:
> Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> >

> > Christ, JC!!  You too?
> >
> > Depressed,
> >
> > LX
> >

> Ya, me too! I have been doing some 1099 work around the country but here
> in the last few months, things are really drying up in the IT sector. It
> is really tough out there. I don't think we will ever see the good times
> again, like the job I did for Charles Schwab & Company at $105.00 per
> hour, and that was just last year. Ah! But to pine away for the good old
> days...
>
> drjung

Hang in there, guys! I was contracting and sub-contracting for almost a
year, from June 2001 through March 2002. It was mostly part-time
contracts, so I tried to keep a couple going at any time, but it was
impossible to find enough work to keep me busy. I landed a "systems
engineer" job for a consulting company, starting April 1st. It's a small
company, and they can't afford to pay me what I would like, but at the
time I took the job, I wanted a steady salary more than I wanted to keep
looking for contracts and/or employment :-)

--
Dave Sherman               Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA             for you are crunchy,