<little snip>
<Original message>
I've found that the samba settings work best with options "use encrypted
passwords" enabled and "allow null passwords" enabled as well.  Also keep in
mind that you may have to capture a printer port and browse to the network
printer rather than installing the printer as a pure network printer (this
applies when printing to a linux box from a windows machine).  Some printers
(esp HP laserjet) will not install in windows unless it first detects the
printer on a "port".  Shouldn't apply in the reverse situation though.
Hopefully I don't confuse you more.  I have less experience printing from
linux to windows than windows to linux to be honest.

Todd

<HUGE snip>

Can we cut the HTML mails from this list...<end whinge>

All my printers are on a linux server, multiple io cards are fitted. I use
CUP's for printing. My samaba config is quite basic, but the printers that
are visible on the Windows network are all installable. I go into the 'Add
printer' dialogue and it allows you to browse the network...just select the
one that you want and the insaller does the rest. I have never had to
capture the port to do this. If you guys want to see my config, let me know
and i'll post it.

I do agree about the encrypted password token, also are the printers
browsable, this makes things easier..

David.