Hi gang,
I have a little mystery going on here that isn't really distro or
version specific as I've had it happen to me for many many mandrake
releases and in Slackware.  But something somewhere somehow for some
reason is creating an empty .xinitrc file in my home directory on
occasion, and of course the startx command won't work with it
present.  I delete it mot, but got the bright idea of just sticking a
copy of the system xinitrc in ~ in hopes that it wouldn't happen
again.

But my curiousity driving me nuts as to what is doing this?  I can not
find a common denominator or see a pattern.  So that's my question,
anyone seen this?  And does anyone have any ideas what could be doing
this and maybe even why?

I always run nvidia drivers and start X with startx from init 3 into
kde.  I have no idea what kind of clues I can offer, but welcome any
and all questions in this matter.

TIA,
-srlinuxx