> Vox writes:
> Eduardo Mendes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I am having a problem with 9.0: Mandrkae terminates with my logon session
> > without any warning or messages. It does that automatically.  How can I get
> > rid of this annoying behaviour?
>
>   That's part of msec's stuff...you set a high security level and the
>   logoff-if-inactive thing is part of it. I don't remember what the
>   exact fix is, but if you search the cooker@ archives you'll find it,
>   it was discussed there.

  Check your msec security level by 'cat /etc/sysconfig/msec'
  Note SECURE_LEVEL and TMOUT variables' values. If SECURE_LEVEL
  is 4, TMOUT will be 3600(seconds) by msec's default. If SECURE_LEVEL
  is 5, TMOUT will be 900. SECURE_LEVELs 0,1,2 & 3 do not set TMOUT
  shell variable so you won't be automatically logged out. An easy
  solution for you would be to lower your security level by running
 'msec 3' or 'msec 2' as root. Just running it once, and the system
  will remain as level 3/2 even if you reboot. I think level 3 would be
  secure enough for you.

  If you don't think so, and want to stick to level 4 or 5(paranoid
  level), edit /etc/security/msec/level.local, which does not exist by
  default, to create a customized setting for TMOUT:

    from mseclib import *
    set_shell_timeout(0)

  But setting no shell timeout simply defeats the intended
  security which level 4 or 5 is designed to achieve.

  HTH.

  --Khoguan Phuann