: ----- Original Message -----
: From: "Barry Rountree" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 12:11 AM
: Subject: Re: [expert] Duplex Printing
:
: This is the wrong way of doing it, but it works.
:
: Open up KPresenter (or any other K application, perhaps).  File->Print
: (verify you're using CUPS and the HP2200D is selected) ->Properties
: and start playing the duplex printing settings.  Be sure to hit save, then
: cancel out of it. Then try printing again.
:
: There's a bug (or a really bad policy decision, or something I'm missing)
: that lets KPresenter (and others?) affect printer settings for (all?) other
: programs.  I've verified that ghostscript and Open|Star Office are affected.
:
: If you want to follow along, I've submitted the problem as Mandrake Expert
: incident #35156 and sent a note over to the cooker list.

No it didn't work. When I made the change as you described, I end up printing
single sided. So it is a bug indeed. I need to go into printerdrake\change
printing system to make it to flip on long edge. This option is really hidden
from the user. Bad design from Mandrake.

: (Keep in mind that although we have the same printer, same distro & version,
: and it looks like we have the same problem, I could be completely wrong...)

Thanks,
Norman