On Saturday 19 October 2002 05:28 am, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've tried today installing some ttf from my winXP-partition. While doing
> that I saw that the MCC does not react anymore. While discovering the
> problem I have tested accessing my three ntfs partitions. On hda1 and hda6
> there are no problems, but on accessing hda5 aka /mnt/nt2  all processes
> freezes instantly and I'm not able to kill them with kill -9 or whatever I
> tried. So I take a look in the fstab and wondering that all three
> partitions are mounted the same way. If it is of interest /mnt/nt2 is the
> XP system-partition and around 8Gig big. I've read here that Mike Morrell
> had a similar problem , so maybe its a common problem or a bug
>
> My ntfs fstab-entries
>
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/nt ntfs iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0
> /dev/hda5 /mnt/nt2 ntfs iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0
> /dev/hda6 /mnt/nt3 ntfs iocharset=iso8859-15,ro,umask=0 0 0
>
> Does not no if it comes from that but maybe it causes the error :
> Oct 19 12:12:01 ernie modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-e0ff
>
> Hope you can help me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steffen
It appears something is trying to execute a binary file that is not an
executable.  The kernel tries to load a module for that.  Not sure if this is
related to the crash.

In general, Linux support for NTFS is very sketchy.  Microsoft constantly
changes stuff to break it and they have been known to threaten developers who
try to improve the driver.  You might want to make a fat32 partition for
sharing files with Linux.
--
-- Igor